There are two Jewish cemeteries in Helsinki. The older one was opened next to the cemetery of the Guard of Finland in 1840’s. The newer cemetery was inaugurated in Taivallahti area in Helsinki in 1895. The chapel of the cemetery was built in 1951 and it was designed by K. R. Lindgren.
Chevra Kadisha of the Jewish Community of Helsinki takes care of all the arrangements of each funeral held at the cemetery. The ceremonies are conducted according to the customs of Orthodox Judaism.
For further information about the Jewish cemeteries (including questions related to family research) in Finland, please contact the office of the Jewish Community:
Tel. +358 9 586 0310